Slideshow

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Kura 藏



I actually visit this restaurant regularly and again and again I have been very satisfied with my choice.

I can't really describe it, but the most I can say about the food is that it's good. It doesn't and never really ever goes beyond that. I mean to say that at the end of the day it's just ramen. It doesn't have a distinctive flavour like pho or a unique characteristic like ramyun, in the end it's just noodle soup. The soup never quite makes you drool and the noodles are good but the texture doesn't exactly excite me, the meat is tender and the tempura can never be called special.
Yet the fusion of these average ingredients will create the most magical experience. Something so simple will amaze you. Ultimately though, it's just ramen it's extremely satisfying. I'd recommend the Ultimate as it's got a little bit of everything.
I've also had the seared salmon sushi. Very nice. Smokey, as it's intended, combined with the light tanginess of the lemon it creates a wonderful taste in you mouth. It is quite cheaper than it's competitors but unlike the ramen, though slightly, I've had better. The chicken don, as shown in the picture is one of my favourite dish in Kura, the nicely cooked egg and tendor chicken covers the rice which is soaked slightly in teriyaki sauce.
If I think about Kura, it's always the warm memory of the small corner restaurant, bringing shelter on a rainy day. I feel welcomed in it's small room filled with people happily devouring their meals. If you're ever eating here, stop for a moment, take a breath and look around, there won't be a displeased person in sight.

Here is the map to help you find Kura easily.
Remember to tell us what you think about Kura and recommend other nice dishes there, as we are always in search for new yummy dishs!


1 comments:

Wesley Wang said...

im hungry again!
i've been to this place many times b4.
love their food!